Saturday, February 14, 2009

Guacamole anyone?

Today begins my 16th week of pregnancy. Little One is about the size of an avocado, measuring roughly 4 1/2 inches long and weighing in at around 3 1/2 ounces. Little One is now able to make facial expressions and bones are starting to harden. A sensitivity to light is developing and if you shine a flashlight at my belly, specifically to the lower left where Little One has taken up residence, he/she is likely to wiggle around in response. Bones are forming in the ears meaning that Little One is now likely to hear the sound of my voice! I also read that his/her heart rate will often increase at the sound of my voice. How cool is that?!

I have been able to finally feel the baby move consistently this week! AMAZING! Every night when I lay down to go to sleep I start to feel little pops and flutters. Little One seems to have his/her days and nights confused. Hopefully, this will not be the case when we bring our baby home! Mommy needs her sleep!

On a related note, I am sleeping so much better recently. I bought a body pillow a couple of weeks ago, and it just might be the best purchase I've ever made. I basically sleep through the night, aside from getting up once or twice to pee.

I found an awesome deal on maternity clothes online last weekend (40% off) so Clint told me to stock up, and boy did I ever. In the past month I've basically acquired a complete maternity wardrobe. If only I had the belly to justify wearing them. Oh well, at least I now have 2 whole pairs of jeans that fit. Wearing the same pair everyday was getting ridiculous. If only I could wear sweat pants to work.

Oh, and you still aren't getting any ultrasound pictures until I get more comments! Don't forget, I still have my BIG ultrasound coming up and I am not above withholding those as well.

2 comments:

  1. I totally want to see your little belly. :-) I'm glad you are resting better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is going to be so cool when you guys have your baby. All three Flynn boys having babies within 9 months of each other..
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete