Sunday, April 22, 2012

Isabella's "New" Room

Ok, so it's the same old room with a new look. :)

A couple months ago we ditched the crib and purchased new furniture for Isabella's room.  We knew we were nearing that time, but when I caught her stuck with one leg half-way over the crib rail I knew we couldn't wait.

We ordered a twin sleigh bed, mattress (duh!), and a new dresser with mirror.  Although she cried that at that first nap in the "big girl bed," she has loved it ever since.  I had fun redecorating, but man was it hard to change the room.  That was the room we brought her home to after she was born!  I'll admit I was a bit jittery seeing the crib and changing table out by the curb for pick-up too.  I kind of wanted to save them for sentimental value!  We knew we (ahem, I) would want new furniture if we have another child, so there was no reason to keep it.  Plus, it was a drop-side, and even with the rail secured it made me a wee bit nervous.  Unfortunately, we couldn't even donate it because it's now illegal to sell or donate drop-side cribs. 





Her bedding the Circo Blossom collection from Target, in Aqua/Coral.  I painted the canvases above her bed for her.  We made add for baskets to the wall for storage.  This girl has A LOT of stuffed animals!





I ordered her growth chart from Amazon.  It's by Oopsy Daisy.  Too bad she won't let us use it to actually measure her.  Maybe if I bribe her with marshmallows...





The dresser area.


 

The back wall.  I've got to find longer curtains!


 

 I love these Etsy prints!  I had the hardest time deciding which ones to order.  I'm pretty happy with with the end result though.




I got the idea for the hair accessory storage from Pinterest.  I need to find a knob or something a bit more decorative to hang it from though.




The wall color is Valspar's "Sparkle."  How perfect is that color name for a little girl's room?  The photos don't really show the color accurately, but it's a pretty aqua blue.  We'll probably add a couple more decorative touches, like a rug, but Isabella really likes her new room!

No comments:

Post a Comment