Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our little one

By now, I'm sure all of you have heard our news. That is, if anyone actually bothers to read this. We've been getting a lot of questions, so I thought I'd try to write a post letting you all know what we know so far.

-I am 13 weeks pregnant as of today. EDD is 8/1/2009.

-We found out we were expecting on Novmber 23, 2008. (Yes, it was planned. Yes, people have had the audacity to ask if it was planned. Unplanned does not always equal unwanted!).

-We started trying in October, got pregnant in November. November was the first month we got the timing right, so we are really lucky. I was charting to conceive.

-Our first appointment was on December 30. We had a viability ultrasound and everything looked great! We got to see our little one wiggling around and hear the heartbeat. The heartbeat was 158.

-My next appointment was January 7. I heard the heartbeat again, this time the nurse practitioner simply said it was in the upper 150s. My next appointment isn't for a few weeks.

-I haven't had much morning sickness. Lucky for me, my nausea usually was just in the mornings and was better by lunch. I sometimes had a little nausea in the evenings as well.

-I'm not showing yet, but my pants don't really fit anymore :( I've gained about 4 lbs so far.

-Yes, I have heartburn already. It hasn't been too bad, but I did get heartburn after eating a piece of cake. CAKE!

-We do plan on finding out the sex, but that probably won't be for another couple of months.

-No weird cravings. Actually, not really even any consistent cravings. Although, I do seem to have a thing for fruit flavored snacks. Strawberry Jell-o and lime popsicles in particular.

If you have any other questions we will be happy to answer them, within reason of course!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhh I am just so excited for you two!!! It's great that you are being so open about all of this. You and Clinton are going to make awesome parents!!!

    ReplyDelete