Saturday, March 7, 2009

19 weeks

Little One now measures roughly 6 inches long and 8.5 ounces, or the size of a mango. Vernix caseosa is now starting to coat his/her skin to protect it from the amniotic fluid. Nerves are being coated with a fatty substance called myelin. This insulates the nerves.

I have been wanting to go to Babies "R" Us to look at nursery furniture for a while now. Yesterday evening on the way home from the dog park I suggested that we make the trip this weekend, but Clint wasn't interested. After we got home he started drooling over a commercial for Joe's Crab Shack and I mentioned that there just so happened to be a Joe's Crab Shack right by Babies "R" Us. Suddenly, the trip to Indy didn't sound so bad afterall! I got to pick out the crib and Clint ate a pound of crawfish. Everybody wins!

Here's the crib we chose, The Martine Sleigh Crib by Delta.

And the matching changing table and dresser.


We plan on getting them all in white, but I couldn't find pictures of the changing table or dresser in the white finish.

Here is a shot of the whole set.



We stopped in at Keystone Fashion Mall on the way home and picked up dessert from The Cheesecake Factory. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. We were at Joe's Crab Shack on Friday night!!! The one off of 82nd Street. Ken had one of those steampots and I had a bunch of side items...you know, because I'm a vegetarian. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the one! Clint had a steampot too, The Orleans I think it was called. I had chicken tenders. I'm definitely not a seafood girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! There was a really long wait when we got there -- about 50 minutes!

    ReplyDelete