Sunday, April 26, 2009

26 weeks... and one day

So I'm a day late on this one. I've been busy. Wednesday is normally my Friday, but this Wednesday we were having technical difficulties at work and I was unable to print some paperwork due Thursday. So I wound up going in Thursday to get that done and do a little grocery shopping/baby shopping. Friday, I attended the Women for Purdue Event with my Aunt Kris, who had flown all the way from Paris, France. Yesterday I had a girl's day with Kathy, Sheila, and Stephanie (Carson also came along for the ride). We did a little shopping in Indy. I was pretty proud of my self-restraint though. I only purchased a Snoogle body pillow and Isabella's first doll. I was dying to check out the new Buy Buy Baby, and I didn't even wind up buying anything! It was a great store though; I will definitely be going back when I have a better idea of what I need.

There are only 97 days left until my due date. Holy cow! We're in the double digits! I finally figured out why I am finding such conflicting lengths for fetal development. Some sources use crown to rump measurements and some use head to heel. According to babycenter.com, Isabella is currently weighing in at about 1 2/3 pounds and measures about 14 inches from head to heel. Her hearing is becoming more sensitve and she is beginning to inhale and exhale amniotic fuid to prepare her lungs for breathing outside the womb.

Isabella received her first gifts this week! So adorable! Here they are, thanks to Kris and Kathy:


Someone asked what we have clothing wise so far, here's a peek at the rest of our little fashionista's wardrobe so far:


The countdown:
2 weeks until the 3rd Trimester
7 weeks until my shower
11 weeks until I am considered full term
14 weeks until my due date

No comments:

Post a Comment