What Isabella has been up to in the past month:
-Eating more and more purees, she really seems to like everything
-Feeding herself Gerber puffs and Mum Mums
-Eating yogurt
-Tried her first "real" food tonight, mashed potatoes just like Mommy and Daddy! Ok, so her's didn't have any of the good stuff- salt, butter, milk, etc.
-Putting herself onto her hands an knees
-Still rolling everywhere
-Sometimes putting herself to sleep
-Starting to pull up, so far she'll only do it if we hold our hands our for her
-First neighborhood walks of the year
-Sitting in the stroller like a big girl instead of the car seat
-Sitting in the shopping cart
-First trip to Indy with Mommy for a girl's day out
-First boo boo, a rug burn on her chin :(
Perhaps the biggest change is that we have officially switched to cloth diapers! I've been toying with the idea since I was pregnant, but it was hard to get Clint on board. The money we are saving is ridiculous, and it much more environmentally friendly. Ultimately, I was getting fed up with the diaper rashes Isabella was getting from disposable diapers. They were never too bad, but it seemed like she always had some redness. The only diapers she seemed to tolerate were the Pampers Swaddlers with the mesh lining. She grew out of those and apparently Pampers is redesigning their diapers and getting rid of the mesh. I decided enough was enough and order some cloth diapers to try out. I loved them! Right now we are using Flip covers and stay-dry inserts during the day and Bumgenius 3.0s at night. We also have prefolds for back-up. We have enough right now for me to wash diapers every other day. I'm hoping to add to our collection here and there with some All-in-one and pocket diapers.
Of course, I have to include some recent pictures.


No comments:
Post a Comment