He had Isabella's 9-month check-up today. Poor baby has her first ear infection :( I knew something was up last night from the way she cried at bedtime because she normally goes down without a hitch. This was a really hard, pathetic cry, the kind of cry that had her hiccuping even after she stopped crying and fell asleep. Even the magic cure-all (nursing) didn't work. She wouldn't even latch on and she has never just flat out refused to nurse. I was glad her appointment was today. The NP prescribed Omnicef since she was just on Amoxicillin a couple weeks ago for a suspected case of Strep (she tested negative). Pricey stuff at a $60 co-pay, and I was told that we won't even need all of it and will wind up throwing half of it out. Awesome, right? She also had a Hep B shot. Poor girl can't catch a break!
She's made a significant drop in weight (16lbs 8 oz- 10th-25th%). We aren't worried though since she's not losing weight, developing normally, eating well, and her height and head circumference are still on track. She's such an active girl so that's probably a big reason for the drop. She's also been sick on and off. She'll likely be petite like her mommy. I think she's shot up a lot in height recently. she just looks so tall to me all of a sudden. She measured at 28.5 inches (75th%), and her head was 44.5 cm (75th%). Maybe she was just lucky enough to have inherited my metabolism! Let's hope because she seems to have inherited my love of carbs.
Grandpa Harvey came over for dinner last night. We had baked ziti and Isabella got to try it. She gobble it right up, the little pig. Grandpa couldn't believe what a good eater she is. She loves food, she's not picky at all, and she eats her veggies like a champ. I know this could all change as she get's older, but right now I'm thrilled with the variety of her diet. I am such a picky eater and so much of what I do like is junk. I hate having such a hard time finding things that I will eat when we're out or making special requests. I often try things that I haven't liked in the past and sometimes I am surprised to find myself enjoying them, but often I find myself gagging on them. I really don't want her to be so picky, and I certainly want her to be a healthy eater!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment