Friday, May 28, 2010

The Little Mermaid

With temperatures like this, we just had to test out the baby pool this week.  The first day, I think the water was a little too cold for her.  Mommy was excited and didn't let the water sit too long, but tried adding a few buckets of hot water.  She freaked when I put her feet into the water.  The next day I filled the pool up first thing in the morning and by the time she finished lunch it was nice and warm.  She was a little startled when I first set her in the water, even though it was warm it was still cooler than her bath water, but then Mommy sat in the pool with her and she thought that was pretty cool.  She absolutely loved it!  I had expected her to get bored, but I wound up having to drag her out of there.  I didn't want her to spend too much time in the sun.  Here are a few pictures of our little mermaid:

She may not have liked the water the first day, but she sure looked cute!




Toys!



This is fun, Mom!



Trying to eat grass...





Crawling after her dolphin


I'm really looking forward to taking her to a public pool now.  The WL pool opens today, but we have errands today and won't have time to go.  Thankfully, the pools all open this weekend so we should get to try it out soon!

1 comment: