I've got a long list of goals I'd like to achieve this year (I'll post them later on down the road). One of them is to blog more regularly. Many of the blogs I read post their weekly menus online and I always enjoy pulling inspiration form them, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. :) Menu planning has really helped our food budget.
I usually only plan dinner and just keep breakfast and lunch staples on hand. I also only plan dinner for 5 nights a week since Clint has class two evenings a week. Isabella and I have leftovers or easy meals like grilled cheese and tomato soup the other nights. Tonight, it finally dawned on me that I could take advantage of Clint's absence and have breakfast for dinner since he absolutely refuses to eat breakfast food after 10 am. Isabella and I just ate cheese omelets, toast, and applesauce. Mmm.
I also try serve one Italian dish a week (my favorite), one Mexican (Clint's favorite), and one vegetarian (When my carnivorous husband doesn't protest too much). Clint likes to have pizza once a week, but it doesn't always happen. :)
So, here is my menu for January 10 - 16, 2011:
Monday: Clint has a meeting. Breakfast for dinner.
Tuesday: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
Wednesday: Clint has class. Grilled cheese and tomato soup, or leftover meatloaf.
Thursday: Quesadilla casserole and salsa rice.
Friday: Pizza crescent rolls.
Saturday: Lemon-pepper chicken, four cheese risotto, and asparagus.
Sunday: Chili.
Monday, January 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I absolutely love breakfast for dinner, love it!!!
ReplyDeleteHow do you make pizza crescent rolls? I could also eat pizza weekly :-)
Jenni,
ReplyDeleteI'm just going to wing it, so I'll let you know how it turns out. :)
I plan to leave 2 crescent rolls together so that they form a rectangle, then fill with cheese, sauce, and whatever toppings we want. Then I'll fold them diagonally so they form a triangle.
I got the idea a while back, but recently I saw a commercial with people making them. If you go to the Pillsbury website there are probably better instructions. :)