Monday, April 26, 2010

I Need Help Y'all

Clint and I have decided to turn our third bedroom into a playroom.  Right now it is an "office," but really it is just a catchall for junk.  Our desktop isn't even working.  The room is basically a waste of space as it is.  It doesn't make sense to turn it into a guest room because someday it will be baby #2's room (no, there is not a baby #2 yet, just thinking ahead!).  It doesn't make sense to purchase furniture that we will just have to take down and store, so playroom it is!  I am desperately trying to reign myself in and not go completely overboard, but I am ridiculously excited about planning this room!  I just need to keep it under control, because again it doesn't make sense to go crazy decorating a room that will be turned into a nursery in a relatively short time. 

I definitely want to paint the room a bright, cheerful color and add some type of fun wall decor so it's not boring.  My ideas are orange walls with a modern jungle animal theme (here's my inspiration) or aqua walls with red accents and a Dr. Suess theme.  Either way, I could probably create any artwork/murals myself so both would be pretty affordable.  Clint has already voted for orange walls, but OMG how adorable would Dr. Suess be?!  Although, I might be much more likely to go overboard if we do Dr. Suess because I already have so many ideas.  So what do you think?  Orange Jungle Animals or Aqua/Red Dr. Suess?  Leave your vote in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. I know your cousin Adam, would say orange walls with monkeys all over the place, but I think the auqua/red walls and Dr. Suess theme is adorable and would be more girly too.

    Love, Aunt Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both ideas! I guess I am no help. I had an orange room once and it looked really good. The color was called "Jetfire" and it was a Colorplace color from Wal-Mart. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete