Thursday, October 7, 2010

14 Months Old

Isabella was 14 month old.  I intended to blog about it yesterday, but didn't think about it until I was already in bed.  Oops! 

It feels like she learns and changes so much every day.  She is an absolute pro when it comes to walking.  This is making it challenging to run errands with her because she want down to walk, but refuses to hold my hand.  I've been doing the grocery shopping after she goes to bed when Clint is home.  The plus side of all of this that we have more options when it comes to outings/activities.  She can now really enjoy a park or playground.  We're looking forward to taking her to the pumpkin patch, trying out Snappers, and a possible trip to the Children's Museum this month.  I'm also bound and determined to make it to the zoo before the end of the season.  Of course, I've been saying that for years now.  Sigh. 

Her vocabulary is really expanding  and she's finally starting to sign more.  She's picking up on so much.  I'm looking into some type of parent-child toddler program and mom's day out programs to get her out and into a social environment.  I'd take her to toddler storytime, but she'd just run around pulling books off the shelves.  We haven't made it to many playgroups lately because they usually conflict with her nap, but she hasn't been napping well lately, so maybe it's time to adjust things a little.

New this month:
-More words!  She now says:  mama, dada (can mean daddy or dog), cat (without the "t"), cup (without the "p), all done (ah da!), more (mmm), Bianca (Conka), thank you, and uh oh are what come to mind.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some though.
-Signs milk, more, all done, and eat
-Walks to her room when I tell her it's time to change her diaper
-Has 10 teeth, including four molars
- Loves her Priddy book, My Little Word Book, and can point to many of the appropriate pictures when asked
-Can find her eyes, nose, teeth, tummy, and hair
-Likes putting on hats, and wearing a purse cross-body style; I think this girls is going to love playing dress-up
-Figured out the cat door.  I've caught her pocking her head through and am now finding strange objects in the laundry room
-Wearing mostly 12 month clothing, but moving into 18 months is PJs and onesies and she wears a size 4 shoe
-Tries to sing the "Hot Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (Ha Da!)
-Still not a fan of cow's milk.  She seems to take 2% a little better though, so I'm going to try that.  She's nursing twice a day and eating plenty of dairy to make up for it

I feel like I am forgetting so much.  It seems like everyday she's doing something new.  As usual, I haven't taken enough pictures, but here are a few recent ones.


I tried to take a picture after her first haircut, and this is what she gave me



What? Audrey wears it like this.



Playing outside



More



Trying to make a break for it

No comments:

Post a Comment